Happy Friday to all of you!
WE MADE IT! The weekend is among us!
That ecard makes me laugh every single time.
Luckily, weekends are truly a break for me. (shameless brag approaching…) Andy really is absolutely amazing at helping me on the weekends with the girls. Sunday I always take a nap which is THE MOST ROMANTIC THING HE DOES FOR ME (and I mean that in a good way) and he’s good about tag teaming on the weekends. I will say that this comes with time too because when the girls were smaller and more needy it was much harder for him to deal but now that they are older he is quick to give me a break. So hold out hope moms of infants, it gets better!
I’ve been thinking lately about my wardrobe and beginning to clean out the things I just don’t wear and keep holding onto for some reason. I thought I would share some of my staples right now with you.
1) I bought this anorak before I went to NYC and it has been worn more than any other coat/jacket this winter so far. We haven’t had many insanely cold days so I have been layering and wearing this lightweight jacket more than anything else. It looks SO GOOD on and is so comfy and hangs exactly right. Added bonus- it is long in the back and covers the butt. It is currently on clearance so grab this deal if you need an anorak/rain jacket/light jacket. (side note, i hate this pic of the jacket bc who really ties the ties!? so below is a picture of me wearing it!)
2. I went a little boot crazy this year and here are the three I live in. They are all so so so comfortable and I am so glad I found these. I have wide calves so it is always a struggle but thank God for places selling wide calf boots!
Avenue Sochi Suede Boot in grey
Strappy Riding Boot in Brown from Torrid
****FAVORITE SHOE OF LIFE****
(I got mine at DSW but these are on sale!)
3. The sweater coat. I’ve looked for the past year for the PERFECT sweater coat but could never find one. Then I got on HauteLook the other day and I SAW IT AND FELL IN LOVE. But I was still nervous about the fit. So when it came in and fit PERFECTLY I almost fainted. It is the absolute most gorgeous and soft and comfy sweater coat ever ever ever and amen. I shall never take it off. Unfortunately I just realized this is sold out, but just google tribal sweater coat to find something similar!
Okay, speaking of HauteLook – I am in love. They are a deal of the day type sight (kind of like zulily but more “high end” but equally good deals. ALSO MIGHT I ADD MUCH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND YOU CAN RETURN EVERYTHING. I won’t ever order anything from zulily again because their sizes are always off and you can’t return anything.)
The best part is they have beauty deals too! Great brands for up to 80% off. Amazing! I am seriously impressed with this site and would suggest it to anyone. They messed up my order because the color of the sweater coat I order ended up being sold out and so they sent me a really nice email explaining that they failed and they were sending another color but if I didn’t like it I could send it back for free and get my money back. I was impressed with their initiative and the way they contacted me. PS- I ended up loving the color!
Now I will leave you with a recipe for my favorite treat these days. I was missing Texas and decided to make my favorite drink from Paris Coffee – the Mexican Mocha.
Tiffany’s Version of MEXICAN MOCHA
- Put one packet (or two scoops) of hot chocolate in the bottom of your mug.
- Add one packet of truvia or whatever sweetener you would like.
- Pour in desired amount of coffee on top of hot chocolate. Stir.
- Add a splash of milk
- DRINK THE HEAVEN. Pretend you are with your best friends in coffee (yes that is a thing)- Caroline and Cassidy. Send them a text telling them how much you miss drinking coffee with them.
HAPPY FRIDAY! What items are you loving in your wardrobe these days? What is your favorite deal-of-the-day website? MOST IMPORTANTLY, what is your favorite coffee/tea treat?!