Tuesday was the last day of Whole 30!
So, here are my results:
- Clearer, glowy-er skin.
- Less bloat.
- Better sleep
- No longer craving sugar or coke
- No pain. Sometimes I get restless leg type symptoms and I had ZERO of this.
- More confidence in my cooking. I’m a decent cook and like to cook at times, but I wasn’t super confident in it. Now that I’ve spent 30 days cooking nonstop and doing brand new dishes I feel so proud of my cooking skills.
- This is a weird one- but I didn’t have as much hair fall out. Usually when I shower I get several handfuls of hair to fall out and on whole 30 this went way down.
- LOST 22 POUNDS. Y’all. I just can’t even. I am still in such shock.
I am still having a hard time believing the difference in my face.
Now. Let me put this in a disclaimer- I lost 22 lbs because I have weight to lose and sugar was such a staple in my every day eating. So was dairy. So this was a significant change for me.
I am now in the re-entry stage and the only thing I’ve eaten off w30 is gluten (had a hamburger on day 31) and well, I have felt terrible. My leg/back pain is back and I spent the last few nights awake with it. NOT FUN. So looks like gluten free is what I need to do.
So, to give you an overall review of Whole 30- DO IT. Seriously, just do it. I’ve had so many people tell me they could never do it and HELLO if I can do it YOU CAN CERTAINLY DO IT. Not even kidding about that. The first week was tough and there were days here and there that I thought JUST LET ME MURDER A PIZZA REAL QUICK but I am so glad I did this and stuck with it. I think its a good start to losing the weight I’ve wanted to lose for a long time. Now I just have to find a good balance.
The only negative to this is the cleaning. I AM SO TIRED OF CONSTANTLY CLEANING THE KITCHEN. But I think it was worth it for feelings so good and losing more weight than I thought I would.
Please do not go in thinking you will lose a ton of weight because most don’t. But everyone loses inches and feels better.
I wish Andy would have stuck with it because 1)I wanted him to feel as good as I did and 2) it made it harder for me but I did not do this for Andy. I did this for me.
Ladies, that is the key. It is great to want to look better for your husband, but YOU GOTTA DO IT FOR YOU. If you are feeling like crap and need a recheck on what you are putting in your body, this is the best thing you could do. I know it has changed my relationship with food so much which was my main goal.
Hope you’ve enjoyed the updates! I will be doing another Whole 30 after the holidays for sure!
If you have enjoyed the updates then maybe I will continue with this to help keep myself accountable and to encourage any of you in the same boat as me. Just let me know!