Today hasn’t been the best of my days. I’m tired, a bit cranky (shocking, I know!), and just tired. I’d like to go to sleep and sleep in until no earlier than 7 am. But. Rory loves to wake up at 5:30 every single morning.
So since I’m being such a “negative Nancy” and all, I’m going to do a post now of things that I am just so thankful for. Its mainly for myself to help get out of this funk, but I hope you enjoy as well!
– This time last year we had no idea where we’d be living or if Andy would have a job. God carried me through and drew me close to Him. I could not be more thankful for His faithfulness to us.
– In February I went through some of the best and worst days of my life. I was so sick I literally don’t remember almost three days in the hospital. It was such a low point not being able to figure out what was wrong or if it’d affect my precious baby. Then I had a very easy (I think) labor and had the most perfect healthy baby girl. After I delivered I started to clot really bad and it was so scary seeing nurses and the doctor swarming around me. God saved me from harm and I couldn’t be more thankful.
I am also so thankful for:
- Andy. He is simply amazing.
- Rory. I couldn’t imagine a second without her.
- Baby H #2. God may have had a sense of humor with His timing, but I feel so blessed.
- Our parents. What would we do without them?
- My sisters and their families. I couldn’t go through life without my wonderful sisters.
- The memories I have of my grandparents. I am missing them so much right now. I can literally feel the pain in my heart sometimes.
- Weekends at home with Andy. They revive and restore my spirit after long, hard weeks.
- Lazy mornings, like yesterday, where Rory and I just play and snuggle all morning long.
- A sweet tempered baby. She loves everyone and is so easy going.
- The ability and opportunity to go home for Thanksgiving. And I mean HOME. We’ll be in New Albany, MS this time next week. I can’t wait to bring Rory there!
Okay. Hopefully this LONG post didn’t bore you to tears. I can say that right now after writing all of that down, I feel so so so much better.