I’ve decided that at least once a week (thats all I can commit to right now!) I’m going to research, cook, eat, and then write about one recipe/meal a week. This is partly for something new and fun to add to the blog, and partly because I need to get more creative with our meals! I saw on Glenna’s blog a while ago a “Tempt My Tummy Tuesday”, so for now I’ll use that and do the recipes on Tuesdays!
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- two cans of croissants
- pickle relish
- chopped onions (frozen are fine)
- cheese (I used shredded cheddar, whatever you want to use is fine)
- Note- if you don’t like onions or pickles, you can make this dish without. I’ve had it both ways and its great either way! The cheese is optional too, but we LOVE cheese in our family so that is a must for us!
- Brown meat. Drain.
- If you are using frozen onions, pop them in a skillet and heat them up/cook through a little.
- Spray/grease a square or rectangle pan. Preheat oven according to directions on croissant package. (Don’t have any in my fridge to tell you, sorry!)
- Roll out one can of croissants on bottom of pan.
- On top of croissant bottom, spread out the browned meat.
- Evenly spread out your pickles/relish and onions.
- On top of that put desired amount of mustard.
- Put on desired amount of cheese.
- Roll out second can of croissants on top.
- Bake according to croissant directions- its not long, about 10 minutes or so just to heat everything through.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
I promise they taste just like Krystal burgers! And I will say that I didn’t feel as yucky after eating this than I did the one time I actually ate real Krystal burgers! My mom made these when she was here after Rory was born, so thats where I got the recipe from.
Let me know if you make it and how you liked it!