By popular demand (er… one person, but who’s counting?!) we’re back with the lovely Tempting Tuesdays!
I’m going to tell you how to make the easiest, yummiest Chicken & Dumplings you’ve ever tasted! (Well, thats my opinion anyway!) My only warning to y’all is that this is not a precise thing. But I promise, promise, promise you can’t mess it up!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- one box of chicken broth
- seasoning/spices (I use black pepper and Mrs. Dash table blend)
- 3 to 5 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 2-3 cans small biscuits
- one small can carrots
- bring large pot of water to a boil
- add chicken, black pepper and table blend seasoning (just eye ball it), and two chicken bullion cubes
- let chicken fully cook
- remove chicken and let cool enough to be able to handle it- you can turn heat on water down
- while chicken is cooling lay out some wax paper or aluminum foil- then take each biscuit out of can and pull each of them apart three or four times evenly. Then loosely roll them into balls and set them on the foil/paper (this is what makes the dumplings if you didn’t know, ha!)
- slice/chop chicken to desired size (I usually cut it into small strips about the length of the spoon you’ll eat it with)
- put chicken back into water, bring back up to a boil
- add carrots
- add biscuits/dumplings to boiling water
- let boil around 5 to 10 minutes- I always just take out a large dumpling and cut it and taste it to see if its done (not still raw doughy tasting)
- voila! you are done!
I’m hoping that those directions are clear enough. I’ve been writing this blog for about 2 hours because a certain little girl is being a mess today (continued from yesterday!). Need proof?
Let me know if you have any questions about the recipe! You really can’t mess it up!