By popular demand (er… one person, but who’s counting?!) we’re back with the lovely Tempting Tuesdays!
I’m going to tell you how to make the easiest, yummiest Chicken & Dumplings you’ve ever tasted! (Well, thats my opinion anyway!) My only warning to y’all is that this is not a precise thing. But I promise, promise, promise you can’t mess it up!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- one box of chicken broth
- seasoning/spices (I use black pepper and Mrs. Dash table blend)
- 3 to 5 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 2-3 cans small biscuits
- one small can carrots
- bring large pot of water to a boil
- add chicken, black pepper and table blend seasoning (just eye ball it), and two chicken bullion cubes
- let chicken fully cook
- remove chicken and let cool enough to be able to handle it- you can turn heat on water down
- while chicken is cooling lay out some wax paper or aluminum foil- then take each biscuit out of can and pull each of them apart three or four times evenly. Then loosely roll them into balls and set them on the foil/paper (this is what makes the dumplings if you didn’t know, ha!)
- slice/chop chicken to desired size (I usually cut it into small strips about the length of the spoon you’ll eat it with)
- put chicken back into water, bring back up to a boil
- add carrots
- add biscuits/dumplings to boiling water
- let boil around 5 to 10 minutes- I always just take out a large dumpling and cut it and taste it to see if its done (not still raw doughy tasting)
- voila! you are done!
I’m hoping that those directions are clear enough. I’ve been writing this blog for about 2 hours because a certain little girl is being a mess today (continued from yesterday!). Need proof?
I love my new lion toy!
trying to escape the swing... thank goodness I strapped her in!
Let me know if you have any questions about the recipe! You really can’t mess it up!
We’ve had a rough couple of days here in the Harris house. On Sunday we took Rory shopping and she slept ALL day in her stroller. Well that meant she was awake ALL night Sunday night and so we got really off schedule. I think we’re finally getting back to it but I am EXHAUSTED. So today the recipe is super easy and oh so yummy! I got this recipe from the back of the Hershey’s kisses package.
1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
24 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY’S HUGS Brand Chocolates
1. Heat oven to 375 F. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Place 2 chocolates at wide end of each triangle; place an additional chocolate on top of other two pieces. Starting at wide end, roll to opposite point; pinch edges to seal. Place rolls, pointed side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Curve into crescent shape. (It works best with two Hugs and one Kiss- the Hugs melt much better!)
3. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; sift with powdered sugar. Serve warm. 8 crescents.
Note: Leftover crescents can be reheated in microwave for a few seconds.
I mean, who DOESN’T love Paula Deen?! Well I know who- my legs and butt! haha! I’ve started watching HGTV and Food Network all day, and I do mean ALL day its on. I always try to catch Paula‘s show now. Last week she cooked “Mexican Chicken” and I decided to try it out. And SUCCESS! It was wonderful and Andy loved it too. Huge accomplishment! So here is the recipe for this “Tempt My Tummy Tuesday”!
1 10 3/4 -ounce can cream of chicken soup
1 10 3/4 -ounce can cheddar cheese soup
1 10 3/4 -ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1 10-ounce can tomatoes
1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped or 4 cups leftover cooked chicken (Note: I just used chicken breasts and boiled them and seasoned the water with pepper and a little salt)
11 1/2-ounce package flour tortillas
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together the three kinds of soup and the tomatoes. Stir in the chicken.
In a greased 13 x 9- inch pan, layer the tortillas and the chicken mixture, beginning and ending with tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
Servings: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
I’ve decided that at least once a week (thats all I can commit to right now!) I’m going to research, cook, eat, and then write about one recipe/meal a week. This is partly for something new and fun to add to the blog, and partly because I need to get more creative with our meals! I saw on Glenna’s blog a while ago a “Tempt My Tummy Tuesday”, so for now I’ll use that and do the recipes on Tuesdays!
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- two cans of croissants
- pickle relish
- chopped onions (frozen are fine)
- cheese (I used shredded cheddar, whatever you want to use is fine)
- Note- if you don’t like onions or pickles, you can make this dish without. I’ve had it both ways and its great either way! The cheese is optional too, but we LOVE cheese in our family so that is a must for us!
- Brown meat. Drain.
- If you are using frozen onions, pop them in a skillet and heat them up/cook through a little.
- Spray/grease a square or rectangle pan. Preheat oven according to directions on croissant package. (Don’t have any in my fridge to tell you, sorry!)
- Roll out one can of croissants on bottom of pan.
- On top of croissant bottom, spread out the browned meat.
- Evenly spread out your pickles/relish and onions.
- On top of that put desired amount of mustard.
- Put on desired amount of cheese.
- Roll out second can of croissants on top.
- Bake according to croissant directions- its not long, about 10 minutes or so just to heat everything through.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
I promise they taste just like Krystal burgers! And I will say that I didn’t feel as yucky after eating this than I did the one time I actually ate real Krystal burgers! My mom made these when she was here after Rory was born, so thats where I got the recipe from.
Let me know if you make it and how you liked it!